HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY NOV. 4
LEE COUNTY, NC – October 25, 2023 – Lee County Government Solid Waste, in partnership with the NCDA & CS Pesticide Assistance Program, and Lee County Cooperative Extension, are bringing Household Hazardous Waste Day back to our community again this year.
Scheduled for Saturday, November 4th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Dennis Wicker Civic Center (located at 1801 Nash Street, Sanford), this event is open to all Lee County households and farmers.
These types of items will be accepted:
- Oil-Based Paints
- Drain Cleaners
- Paint Thinners
- Motor Oil
- Furniture Strippers
- Brake Fluid
- Kitchen Cleaners
- Bathroom Cleaners
- Transmission Fluids
- Pool Chemicals
- Batteries and more!
Please remember the following in preparation of disposal:
- Leave materials in their original containers or put into leakproof, sealed containers.
- Never mix chemicals.
- If labels are missing, identify the contents to the best of your ability.
- Separate different types of waste.
- Do not place waste in the same part of your vehicle with children or pets.
- No waste from businesses will be accepted.
For questions or more information, please contact our Solid Waste division at 919-718-4622.