MONKEYPOX INFORMATION FROM THE LEE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Concerned about Monkeypox? Please check out the information below from the Lee County Health Department to stay informed and learn about testing options.
How is Monkeypox spread?
Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through:
- direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids
- respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact
- touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids
- pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta
Symptoms of Monkeypox:
- clear or pus-filled bumps
- muscle aches
- swollen lymph nodes
Testing is available at the Lee County Health Department. Call 919-718-4640 to schedule an appointment.
Visit https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/monkeypox for more information on symptoms, testing, resources, and vaccine sites near you.