Quick Tasks and Search

Use this tool to quickly find a resource or service

No keywords found. Use a different keyword or click one of the other search tabs...

-- All of ribmountainwi Feed --

Health and Well-being Initiative FAQ's

When is the deadline to apply for non-profits?
All applications must be received by November 6, 2023.

This program is set to begin January 1, 2024. 

How can I submit my application?
You may mail, email or drop off your application.
Mailing address:
Attention Legal Department
P.O. Box 1068
Sanford, NC 27331


Drop off location: 
Summit Building
408 Summit Drive
Sanford, NC 27330

My non-profit provides services outside the approved list, how can this program assist the individuals our organization helps?
The Health and Well-being Initiative  is designed to target mental health needs and can only reimburse services based on the approved list. For non-profits not currently providing anything on the list of approved services, please refer your client to the community social worker for assistance. The community social worker can connect non-profits and community members with organizations that can meet their needs.

What documents are required if my organization is awarded a contract with the county under this initiative?
  • Internal Revenue Service W-9
  • Electronic Payment Form and cancelled check in the name of the Recipient Agency
  • Conflict of Interest Statement
  • Sworn, notarized statement of no overdue tax debts
  • Sworn, notarized statement of non-suspension or debarment
  • Proof of bonding of the Chief Financial Officer in the amount of $50,000
  • 501(c)(3) determination letter 
  • Certificate of General Liability Insurance for the Recipient Agency in the amount of $1,000,000
If my organization does not have some of the required documents, what do we need to do?
The county may provide samples of some documents, i.e. sample conflict of interest statement. 

How long is this program expected to last?
Contracts will be valid through June 30, 2024. Funding is first come first serve until funding is spent. 

What population can be served with this funding?
All Recipients shall ensure funds are spent for Lee County residents or for persons being released from the Lee County jail on expenses related to mental health needs and wrap-around care for clients they are serving.

I am a mental health provider in Lee County interested in participating in this program, what should I do?
Legal staff are currently working on a contract for mental health providers interested in providing contracted services from the approved list. Once this contract is finalized, county staff will contact all interested mental health providers serving Lee County residents. Interested mental health providers may contact Angelina Noel, Assistant County Manager, anoel@leecountync.gov.

Is this program only for adults?
No, there is no age limit. The program aims to assist any Lee County resident in need of mental health support.

As a non-profit provider, how do I attest an individual or family has needs related to mental health?
We are asking you to use your professional and ethical judgement that the individual or family has needs related to mental health to include substance use disorder.

Do we have to use other funding sources first prior to requesting reimbursement through this program? 
Recipients will have to attest they have evaluated all other funding sources first prior to requesting reimbursement of approved expenses. This includes for example: Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance, and other grant funding.

As a non-profit, we are accustomed to applying for a specific amount of money/grant, how does this program operate?
This Initiative is not a grant and will not be administered like a traditional grant. This program will be a reimbursement program for non-profits. Non-profits must pay for the approved expenditures up front through their agency account and then request reimbursement from the county. For mental health providers, the county will contract and pay providers directly for approved services once authorized by the community social worker.