Parks and Recreation Departmental Refund Policy and Procedure
Lee County Parks & Recreation strives to provide positive experiences and program satisfaction in
everything we do.
In an effort to align and consistently administer our refund procedures and in keeping with
standard business practices, the following processes are being implemented:
⮚ REFUND REQUESTS
- All refund requests, including any programs registered online, customer must submit an electronic form or email a full- time staff member of Lee County Parks and Recreation.
- Each refund request shall be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Credits will be offered as the first option. Credits may be used by any member of the household on any valid departmental program or rental.
- Full refunds or credit will be given for programs cancelled in entirety by the department.
- All approved refund requests will be processed thru the Lee County Finance Office and may take up to 4 weeks to process.
- No cash refunds will be given:
- If payment was made by debit or credit card, the total will be refunded back to the issuing card.
- If payment was made by cash or check, the total refunded will be mailed to the address on the account.
- Withdrawal Requests:
- Full refunds or credits will be issued for withdrawal requests made at least one week prior to the attending a class, program, practice, game or event.
- Refund requests made after class/program begins, due to medical conditions , life- altering situations, summer school, (a school/doctor's note is required) etc. will result in a pro-rated refund or credit based upon the number of classes/program dates/practices/games, etc. attended. If you made a deposit to hold a spot in an up coming session that deposit is non-refundable. Each request will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Cancelled Programs, Classes or Events:
- Refunds, credits or makeup options will be given for cancellations due to weather, instructor illness, facility condition, or other circumstances beyond our control. If applicable, these will be issued on a pro-rated basis.
- Missed Classes:
- Should a participant miss a scheduled class, there may be a makeup opportunity. If the makeup opportunity is not convenient or there is not a makeup class available, no refund or credit will be given.
- Facility and Pool Rental Refund Requests:
- Each request will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Full refunds or credits will be granted when reservations are cancelled 21 workdays or more in advance from the original rental date.
- Half refunds or credits will be granted for cancellations 14-20 workdays in advance from the original rental date.
- No refunds or credits will be granted for reservations made or canceled less than 14 days in advance from the original rental date.
- Exceptions to cancellation restrictions will be made for adverse weather or an act of God. If this occurs, the renter must contact the Parks & Recreation Office on the first workday after the scheduled event.
- Should a rental, or any portion of a rental, be cancelled by Lee County Parks and Recreation, due to the renting parties’ non-compliance with established rules and guidelines, or if the cancellation is deemed to be in the best interest of the department or the safety of the participants, then no refund or credit will be issued.
- Pool Entry Fees:
- No pool entry fees will be refunded or credited. This is clearly posted at the pool entrance.
- Note: All credits will expire 365 days after the date issued.
Click Here to Apply for a Withdrawal Request