Registration for Session 5 Opens October 2nd
Please note online registration is not available at this time
To register please visit Parks and Recreation Office.
Registration payment can be made via cash or check.
We hope to have this issue resolved in the coming weeks.
Program Expectations and Welcome Letter
Please remember to park ONLY in spaces designated for gymnastics.
Please avoid pulling up in front of the building to keep accessible spaces clear.
RECREATIONAL & COMPETITIVE GYMNASTICS
Philosophy of the program is to introduce the sport of gymnastics in a fun and safe learning environment.
Classes are offered to boys and girls of all ages and abilities.
**New Location** Starting in January at 2105 Nash Street
Tuition per session:
Please note that our classes run year-round.
Sessions are for payment purposes only.
- Me and My Folks: Walking - 3 years old; Coed; 45 minute class once weekly
In this class little gymnasts are joined by their parents to learn fundamentals of gymnastics. This class uses music, games, and parachute time. Each class will provide a new experience with the obstacle course including trampolines, balance beams, bars, and vault along with many other gross motor activities that are designed to develop coordination, strength and body awareness.
- Tumble Stars: 3-4 years; Coed; 1 hour class once weekly
In this class we introduce basic gymnastics skills on all four Olympic events to the preschool aged gymnast. Weekly themes and age-appropriate games are utilized to make learning exciting. Skills gained in this class include learning to take turns, basic gymnastics positions and shapes, building strength and coordination, and self- confidence.
- Rising Stars: 5-6 years & 7+; Beginner Girls class; 1 hour class once weekly
This class is designed for the beginner gymnast. Using all four events we teach basic skills such as rolls, cartwheels, handstands, pull-overs and casting, jumps, turns, and more to increase coordination and confidence.
- Red Stars: Intermediate Girls ages 6+; 1 hour class once weekly
This program is for students who have had some gymnastics experience with skills such as cartwheels, handstands, and pullovers on bars. Gymnasts continue to work on the basics as well as intermediate skills of gymnastics on each apparatus. They will be introduced to skills such as round offs, and kick overs/walkovers on floor, hip circles on bars, jumping and basic tumbling on the beam, and intermediate vaulting skills.
- Blue Stars: Advanced Girls ages 6+; 1 hour class once weekly
This class is designed for the advanced gymnast to build upon the skills learned in Rising Stars and Red Stars. Foundational skills such as kick to handstand, cartwheels, pullovers, and confidence on a high beam are recommended before signing up for this class. Gymnasts will work on more advanced skills on each event, including handsprings, beam tumbling, high bar skills, and handstand flat backs.
- Rockets: 5-7 years; Boys class; 1 hour class once weekly.
This class is designed for the young beginner gymnast and incorporates men’s Olympic events. Gymnasts are taught to build strength and flexibility while also learning skills such as cartwheels, handstands, running techniques, swinging on the bar and parallel bars, and proper use of the still rings.
- Comets: 8+ years; Boys Class; 1-hour class once weekly
This class is designed for the beginner gymnast and incorporates men’s Olympic events. Gymnasts are taught to build strength and flexibility while also learning skills such as cartwheels, handstands, and running techniques. Gymnasts will learn pommel horse drills, swinging on the high bar and parallel bars, proper use of the still rings, and vaulting techniques to enhance their gymnastics knowledge and skills.
- Homeschool Gymnastics: 5+ years; Girls and Boys Class; 1-hour class once weekly
This class is designed for gymnasts of all levels. Gymnasts will be active, have fun and learn basics as well as skills specific to their level of gymnastics on each Olympic event. Coaches use positive instruction in a well supervised, safe, and nurturing environment to increase
coordination, confidence, skill and fitness potential.
- Beginner Tumbling: 5+ years; Girls and Boys Class; 1-hour class once weekly
This class is designed for tumblers of all ages to learn basic tumbling skills, gain strength, and increase flexibility while keeping safety the priority.
- Advanced Tumbling: 5+ years; Boys and Girls; 1-hour class once weekly
In this class it is required that the tumbler be able to perform a back walkover, cartwheel and round off safely before signing up. This is an advanced class that will focus on perfecting running tumbling passes as well as stationary skills such as the standing back handspring and back tuck.
Our Specialty Groups are the most advanced noncompetitive classes offered for the gymnast who is working on Advanced Skills.
This is for female gymnasts and meets an hour and a half twice weekly.
Gymnasts must be invited by the head coach to enroll.
- Mighty Mights: 4 - 6 years; Girls class; 1.5-hour class meeting twice weekly
- Hot Shots: 7 - 9 years; Girls class; 1.5-hour class meeting twice weekly
- Shooting Stars: 10+ years; Girls class; 1.5-hour class meeting twice weekly
Lee County Gymnastics currently competes in the AAU Xcel Program at the Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Sapphire Levels.
For additional information about our Competitive Program please contact Kristy Harper at email@example.com or 919-774-6445
Gymnastics camps are offered during select school closures due to Holiday breaks.
2 hour Party consists of:
- 60 minutes gymnastics fun including games, parachute, obstacle course and trampoline for participants ages 12 and under.
- 45 minutes party area where you can set up for cake, ice cream, presents & party favors!
- Last 15 minutes– We help you cleanup !
- Saturdays 1:00 – 3:00 & 3:30 - 5:30
- $120/($135 out of county) for up to15 participants (includes ONLY children participating in Gymnastics Portion); $10 for each additional participant over 15
Questions? Contact Kristy Harper at 919-774-6445 or firstname.lastname@example.org