Register to Vote
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be 18 years old or will be at the time of the next general election in which you intend to vote.
- You must not vote in any other county or state after submitting a voter registration application.
- You must not be in jail or prison for a felony conviction.
If you are a DMV customer with a N.C. driver’s license or DMV-issued ID, you may register to vote or change certain parts of your registration online. Using this service existing DMV customers may:
- register to vote
- update their voter registration address
- update their party affiliation
- They may NOT change their name
This is a standalone service that does not require the user to complete a DMV transaction (such as duplicate or license renewal) at the same time. There is no fee for voter registration services.
Voter registration applications submitted fewer than 25 days before an election will not be processed until after the election. You may still register to vote in person using same-day registration in your county during the early voting period.