Enter Title

Benefits & Services


Disability Benefits

Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation may be available if the disability occurred as a result of your military service. You can also apply for a disability pension if you are a wartime veteran, have limited income and cannot work. Medicare requires that you apply for VA benefits first if you are eligible.

Dependent and Survivor Benefits

For spouses, unmarried children under 18, helpless children and low income parents of service members: Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) may be available if the service member died on active duty or as a result of service-related disabilities; Death Pensions; and, VA Civilian Health and Medical Programs.

Hospital and Medical Care

Medical care from VA facilities, outpatient medical treatment, pharmacy and prosthetic care, and nursing home care.

Burial Benefits

The Veterans Services Office honors our nation’s deceased veterans and assists family members in applying for headstones and markers for graves, burial flags, burial expense reimbursement and Presidential Memorial Certificates.

Education and Training

Educational benefits if you are in an approved training program. You can use your Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP), Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance, Federal Employment and On-the-Job Training Benefits to further your education.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Service-disabled veterans may be eligible for VA-funded special retraining in order to obtain suitable employment (may include the costs of training, monthly living expenses, counseling, and related medical and dental treatments).

Home Loans

Assistance with obtaining a VA guaranteed loan for a home, a manufactured home, a lot or a condominium (including special grants for adapting homes to accommodate special needs), and/or mortgage refinancing. Assistance is also available for obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility so that veterans can apply for a guaranteed home loan and/or refinancing of an existing mortgage.

State of North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs

The State of North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs provides scholarships for children of certain deceased, disabled or POW/MIA veterans. NCDVA also offers hunting and fishing licenses to veterans with a disability rating of 50% or more.

Lee County Veterans Services Office

The VSO provides access to other special programs and services in addition to those mentioned above. The VSO is equipped with direct access to Veterans Information System (VIMS) which assists in the processing of VA claims. The BDM system is also available and provides information on the status of a Veteran’s claim. The VSO also assists veterans with obtaining military records from the National Military Records Center.


General VA Information

VA Benefits & Forms

Education Benefits


All VA Programs 1-800-827-1000


Related links