2018 taxes are now available to be paid
Please note, if you have delinquent taxes owed and would like to pay by debit or credit card you must come into the office located at 106 Hillcrest Dr. 3rd Floor Sanford, NC 27330. Taxes with prior years owed cannot be collected by phone or on-line.
Please read prior to submitting an online payment regarding mandatory convenience fees to pay online:
- North Carolina law does not have a provision to allow local governments to absorb the cost of paying a bill online. Please be aware that you will incur a convenience fee if you proceed to pay with a credit/debit/E-check.
- We have contracted with Bill2Pay to provide this service for our citizens. The convenience fee is charged by Bill2Pay and Lee County Government does not receive any portion of the fees charged.
- The convenience fee will vary based on the current amount of the tax due and the form of payment used. For credit card users, the fee is based on a percentage of the total amount due.
- It is certainly not Lee County Government’s desire to increase the cost of paying taxes. If you find the convenience fee to be unacceptable, you may still mail your payment to the Tax Office or pay in person during our normal business hours.
- You will be notified of the convenience fee prior to completing the payment. After you have received the final calculations, you will have the option to cancel the process.
- Please be aware, even after you receive an initial receipt, it may take up to 3 business days for your online payment to be completely processed. It is your responsibility to ensure that your payment was in fact processed.
The convenience fee schedule is as follows:
- American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa Credit Cards: 2.4% of total tax bill, with a minimum of $2.00
- Visa Debit: flat fee of $3.95
- E-Check: flat fee of $1.50