LEE COUNTY, NC – January 10, 2022 – The Lee County Government Enrichment Center began offering sign-ups for the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program this week. This is a free, volunteer-based tax preparation service to assist with the filing of 2021 tax returns.
“We are happy to provide this annual tax preparation assistance program at the Enrichment Center to support the older adults in our community who need help filing their annual tax returns,” said Debbie Davidson, Director of Senior Services for Lee County Government. “Due to the pandemic, we have had to alter aspects of the program to minimize direct contact and incorporate protocols like wearing masks and social distancing measures to ensure the health and safety of both the taxpayers utilizing the service and the volunteers providing support.”
Individuals interested in participating in the Tax-Aide Program should follow these instructions:
- Call the Enrichment Center at (919) 776-0501, ext. 2201 to receive a designated pick-up time for your 2021 tax filing packet.
- Visit the Center at your designated time to receive your packet, details and schedule a tax document appointment.
- Arrive promptly for your tax document appointment:
- Bring your completed information sheet and all requested, relevant and important tax documents.
- Remain in your vehicle upon arrival at the Enrichment Center
- An AARP volunteer will come to your vehicle, take your documents and prepare your return while you wait in your vehicle.
- The volunteer will return your documents to you and you may return home
For more information about the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program, please call the Enrichment Center at (919) 776-0501.
# # #
Click here to view the .PDF.