LEE COUNTY, NC – January 7, 2021 – Lee County Libraries announced that virtual and curbside programs and services will continue through January as the department expands opportunities for the public to utilize library programs and services while observing COVID-19 safety precautions.
“Online programming has been a popular service with the library throughout the pandemic,” said Beth List, Director of Library Services for Lee County Government. “Virtual programs that began or were enhanced in response to in-person program restrictions are now integral to the collection of programs and services Lee County Libraries is able to offer the public. These programs will continue indefinitely and our staff looks forward to creating and enhancing future online programming to meet the needs of and expand our reach to library patrons whether they are within the library walls or at home.”
Beginning in January, the library will premier all new program videos on their YouTube channel at 10 AM on their regularly scheduled day. This includes Story Times, Getting Crafty with LCL, and Science Club for Kids. The consistent premier times helps streamline the schedule and makes the viewing experience easier to plan for.
The library will offer the following virtual and curbside programs throughout January:
- Story Times - includes something old and something new
- Mondays at 10 AM feature “throwback” Mini Story Time videos that are community favorites
- Wednesdays at 10 AM highlight newly produced Themed Story Time videos
- Take and Make Craft – the public is invited to visit the main library (in-house or curbside pick-up) to pick-up supplies for the Getting Crafty with LCL program; complete the kids winter polar bear craft at home following along with the instructional video that will be posted on the library YouTube channel the second Thursday (January 14th) at 10 AM
- WRAAP: Winter Reading for All Ages Program – the public may download or pick-up a reading log from the library; once the log is complete, return it to the library to collect a prize; WRAAP is open to all ages (kids and adults) but limited to one log and one prize per person; curbside pick-up and drop-off is available by calling the library at 919-718-4665
- Live Virtual History Club for All— the virtual meeting is scheduled for January 28th at 3:30 PM; join the club as they delve into the history of “The Roaring 20’s”; meetings are open to the public but you must email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite; additional details will be shared on the Lee County Libraries website later this month
Lee County Libraries continues to operate on a modified schedule due to COVID-19. The main library is open for browsing or computer use by appointment from 12 PM until 4 PM Monday through Friday. Curbside pick-up is available from 10 AM until 4 PM Monday through Friday and until 7 PM on Tuesdays. The public is also invited to follow the library on social media (@LeeCountyLibrariesNC) and explore other online programs services on the website (library.leecountync.gov).
For additional information about Lee County Libraries, please contact Lee County Government Director of Library Services, Beth List at (919) 718-4665.
# # #