FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LEE COUNTY SUSPENDS ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES IN COVID-19 RESPONSE
LEE COUNTY, NC – March 27, 2020 – Lee County Government (LCG) officials announced the suspension of additional programs and services as the county continues to review and modify response and preparedness plans to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Effective at 5 PM on Friday, March 27th, the county will implement the following changes:
- The Lee County Animal Shelter will be closed to the public.
- Please contact the Sheriff’s Office at (919) 775-5531 if you have an animal to surrender or stray to report. Surrenders will only be picked up from 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday; strays may be reported at anytime day or night.
- Appointments are available for animal adoptions, reclaims and rescues Monday through Friday from 10 AM – 3:30 PM. Call (919) 776-7446 to make an appointment. Animals available for adoption may be viewed on-line at leecountync.animalshelternet.com.
- Lee County Libraries Main and Broadway Branches will be closed to the public and employees.
- The “Curbside Pickup Program” has been suspended.
- Book Drops will also be closed until the facilities re-open; as a reminder, materials will not be due during the closure and late fees have been temporarily suspended and waived during this period.
- All on-line services including Children’s Story Time videos are available at library.leecountync.gov and on library social media pages; staff will also be working on additional online content to be released during the closure.
- Library staff remains available by phone and email; call (919) 718-4655 or email email@example.com.
- The Enrichment Center of Lee County will be closed to the public and employees.
- The Home Delivered Meals and Congregate Meal Service programs will be suspended. Program participants have each received a two-week supply of shelf stable meals.
- The Veterans Services office will be closed but staff remains available by phone at (919) 776-0501 x. 2210.
- Enrichment Center staff remains available by phone and email; call (919) 776-0501.
- The County of Lee Transit System (COLTS) will operate Dialysis and Local Medicaid Medical service only beginning Monday, March 30, 2020; call (919) 776-7201.
The Lee County Courthouse and Government Center remain open to the public with limited services. Convenience Centers remain open and operating normal business hours.
For additional information and questions, please contact Jamie Brown, Community & Governmental Relations Manager at (919) 718-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #