LEE COUNTY, NC – March 24, 2020 – Lee County Government (LCG) continues to review and modify response and preparedness plans to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Based on updated guidance from our state and federal partners, as well as, feedback from the local community, the county will implement the following changes:
- The Lee County COVID-19 Information Hotline will change hours of operation on Wednesday, March 25th. The hotline will operate Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 6 PM. The change is a result of low call volume to the Information Hotline after 6 PM.
- Beginning on Wednesday, March 25th, LCG Environmental Health will modify operations to receive applications for services. To limit public and staff exposure, Environmental Health offices will be temporarily closing their public access window. Applications may be submitted in the lobby of the Buggy Factory at a designated drop area. Staff will remain at work completing inspections and will be available by phone and email to answer questions concerning the application process. Environmental Health may be reached at email@example.com or (919) 718-4641. Staff will contact customers if there are questions about submitted applications. As a reminder, payments must be received before an application can be processed. Environmental Health offices are located in the Buggy Factory at 115 Chatham Street in Sanford. For added convenience, applications and payments may be submitted online at https://leecountync.gov/Departments/PublicHealth/EnvironmentalHealth.
- Lee County Parks and Recreation has updated information related to spring recreation programs.
- Suspended until further notice – staff will be contacting registered participants to discuss future plans:
- Youth T-Ball/Softball/Baseball
- Adult Softball League
- Gymnastics Spring Session
- Youth Track and Field
- Tiny Tots Session III
- Youth Art Session IV
- Youth Dance Session III
- Schedule remains unchanged at this time:
- Gymnastics Summer Session
- Tiny Tots Session I
- Youth Art Session I
- Youth Dance Session I
- Summer Camp at SanLee Park and Nature Center
For additional information and questions, please contact Jamie Brown, Community & Governmental Relations Manager at (919) 718-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #