NOW is the chance for you to have a say about Transportation in LEE County!
- The Transportation Planning Division of the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), in cooperation with Lee County, its member municipalities, and the Triangle Area Rural Planning Organization, is developing a Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) for the County.
- A Comprehensive Transportation Plan is a long-range planning document that will assist local governments in making transportation decisions for the next 25-30 years.
- Public participation is essential in identifying transportation needs for Lee County and the development of a CTP. Active public involvement will help to ensure that the CTP is developed meets the current needs and future vision of the community.
- The Transportation Survey is a means of determining the values of the county as they pertain to transportation issues. This survey attempts to identify the area residents’ perception of transportation related issues and to determine specific concerns that should be addressed in the CTP.
- The survey results are used to guide the development of a CTP that will best meet the needs of the county, and can also be a useful tool for the local government, NCDOT engineering staff, and the general public.
- The Transportation Survey was developed by the Lee County Transportation Committee and staff. The Committee is comprised of representatives from Lee County, City of Sanford, Town of Broadway, Sanford Area Growth Alliance, Raleigh Executive Airport, and County of Lee Transit System (COLTS).
The online CTP Survey is now live and available at: https://www.publicinput.com/LeeCTP
You can also pick up a paper copy at:
Lee County Library
Broadway Town Hall
Sanford City Hall in the Water Department
Lee County Enrichment Center
N.C. Cooperative Extension – Lee County Center
You can drop off the paper copy at any of the above locations or mail to:
City of Sanford
Planning and Development Dept.
115 Chatham Street
Sanford, NC 27330
PLEASE COMPLETE SURVEY by March 29th, 2019