Welcome to the Lee County, NC Jail Inmate Visitation and Information Section.
Please read the following information regarding inmate visitation and inmate searches.
Phone Number: 919.718.4567
Once visitation begins, if visitor is not checked in, he or she will be unable to visit inmate
Absolutely no cell phones, cameras, or other electronic devices are permitted in the Lee County Jail facility. Anyone who violates this rule will be banned from visiting the facility for at least 6 months.
(special hours outside of the ones below are available upon special request, call the jail for this)
Female Block: 1:00pm to 1:20pm
Male Dorm: 1:30pm to 1:50pm
A Block: 2:00pm to 2:50pm
B Block: 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Segregation: 1:00pm to 1:20pm
Female Dorm:1:30pm to 1:50pm
C Block: 2:00pm to 2:50pm
D Block: 3:00pm to 4:00pm
All social visits will be limited to 20 minutes and will take place in the main visiting area adjacent to the Control Room. All social visits will be non-contact visits.
All visitors need to check in with the jail master control 5 minutes prior to visitation. Once visitation begins, if a visitor is not checked in he or she will be unable to visit the inmate.
Current/Released Inmate Search
Superior court dates will not be shown due to the inmate must appear before a Superior Court Judge when they are called.
Court dates will be updated within 48 business hours after the jail receives it from the courts.
DA number: 919-718-6310
Clerk’s office: 919-718-6300
Probation & Parole: 919-776-0639
NC Court date Superior and District:
To send mail to inmates housed at Lee County Jail use the following address.
PO Box 2788
Sanford, NC 27330
Mail may be withheld if it contains any of the following:
1. Threats of physical harm against any person.
2. Threats of blackmail or extortion.
3. Contraband or plans to send contraband to the facility.
4. Instructions for making weapons, drugs, or alcohol.
5. Plans to assist in the escape of an inmate.
6. Plans for the commission of a crime or evidence of a crime.
7. Material that may threaten the security and safety of the jail.
8. Letters or cards containing indecent material.
9. Polaroid pictures, tape, plastic, wood, cloth, glass, ribbons, metal, magnets, staples, paper clips, pens, pencils, glitter, stickers, or labels.
10. Materials or pictures advocating sexual behavior, violence, racial, religious, or national hatred.
11. Gang related material such as signs, pictures, symbols, etc.
12. Music lyrics, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, photocopies, hard cover books, or magazines.
13. Pictures larger than 5” x 7”.
14. Food or cosmetic items.
15. Stationery, blank envelopes, envelopes with any type of tape, postage stamps, envelopes with gang or suggestive artwork.
16. Cash, personal or second party checks, traveler’s checks, or payroll checks.
17. Lottery tickets or prepaid telephone cards.
18. Musical, plastic, plastic covered, blank greeting or post cards larger than 6” x 9”
Sending Funds to an Inmate
Access Corrections provides a secure way for family and friends to send funds to inmate accounts via phone, web, or lobby kiosk.
To make an electronic deposit by phone, call toll free 866-345-1884 and follow the prompts.
To make an electronic deposit using the web, go to https://www.accesscorrections.com/.
A deposit kiosk is conveniently located in the visitation lobby. The kiosk is available 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
All releases from the Lee County Jail shall be the result of an inmate posting bond, a court order, completion of a sentence, payment of a fine and court costs, a facsimile from another agency releasing their hold, or transfer of the inmate to the custody of another agency authorized by law to assume custody of that inmate. Paper work and other information in the inmate’s file receive a comprehensive and thorough review during the release process. You should know that this is time consuming and must be carefully done to insure public safety. File review occurs in the order in which the file was received by the releasing officer.
Hours of release are as follows:
Inmates released by bond are released 7:00-11:30 am, 1:00-4:30 pm, and 6:00 pm – 6:00 am.
Inmates serving a sentence are generally released between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM on the day of discharge unless the court makes other instructions.
Some inmates required to be released to adult probation; drug treatment and other programs must be picked up by a representative from that program.
Inmates with charges from other jurisdictions are turned over to officers from the other jurisdiction when all Lee County business has been completed.
Inmates sentenced to the North Carolina Department of Corrections will be transported or picked up as soon as practical considerations permit.
For security purpose, jail staff members are forbidden from discussing when an inmate will be transported from the facility.
Inmate clothing and property in the custody of the jail will be returned at the time of release. Any money left in an inmate’s account will be returned during regular business hours, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.