Enter Title

History

Text/HTML

Lee County became part of the Upper Cape Fear Soil Conservation District on May 28, 1940 along with Harnett and Moore Counties. This multi county District was broken into three single county Districts in the early 1960’s. The Lee Soil and Water Conservation District was granted its charter on June 01, 1962 by the North Carolina Secretary of State. The District operates as a subdivision of state government under the provision of Soil Conservation District’s Law of North Carolina, General Statutes Chapter 139.

Text/HTML

Related links