Portal Login | SITEMAP | FAQ's | ESPANOL  
Departments » Social Services » Child Support Enforcement » Working with Other States



When one of the parties involved in a child support case lives outside of North Carolina, the case may be referred to that state’s child support enforcement agency for action. The case is referred to as an Interstate case. Processing this type of case may be more time consuming and require additional documents. If a child is conceived in North Carolina or if the non-custodial parent has ever lived with and supported the child in North Carolina, action may be taken without involving the other state.

When the case is referred to another state, that state is required to provide the same enforcement actions to our case, as they would a local case. Once the case is referred to another state, your local agent will not be in control of your case.

Child Support Enforcement home page

Lee County Social Services

For Left Side

530 Carthage Street
P.O. Box 1066
Sanford, NC 27330

Phone 919-718-4690
Fax 919-718-4634

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 am - 5 pm

Board Members:

Bert Mathews, Chairman
Mildred Pretty, Vice Chairman
Paul Utley
Alma Bost
Bob Brown